Steam has a sale going on for all three Company of Heroes titles including the new game (Tales of Valor) at $40, Peggle Complete, including Nights and the original Peggle Deluxe ($10), and 50% off all Strategy First titles, including a discount on the pack which includes all of their games on Steam ($74.99).
The idea started a few years ago when I recorded myself and comedian David Baddiel when he gave me a lift through London. The resulting tape was very funny because we soon forgot the camera was there and just chatted away, revealing far more than we would ever have done in a normal TV situation. That tape now resides in my safe. Far too explicit for public consumption.
I started experimenting in the middle of 2008, recording members of my family on various short trips. I tried different camera positions until I settled on the arrangement I use now. One camera in the rear and two in the front pointing at both passenger and driver.
Many episodes have already been recorded and are up for airing on his site with guests such as TV’s Lt. Rimmer (Chris Barrie), Dave Lister (Craig Charles), and more. Both of those are embedded after the break.
The Relic speaks:
Patch 1.2.1 has made it through our QA process and is currently scheduled to go live on April 13 at 12 noon PST, 19:00 GMT. The full list of patch notes has been posted here in our forum, including some further details on balance changes.
Full patch notes after the break.
After the break, via GameTrailers…
Through a partnership with Intel, we are pleased to announce that the Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 1 is now available on the PC platform, completely free of charge!
Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep, and VerrÃ¼ckt are the 3 Multiplayer maps and Nazi Zombie level (respectively) that are included in this Map Pack. For more information about the DLC, click here.
The important thing to note is that PC Patch 1.4 is the actual package that includes Map Pack 1. For more information on what Patch 1.4 addresses with the game, visit the PC sub-forums on CallOfDuty.com. Patch 1.4 will update installations of Patch 1.2 or greater.
For download information, please find a full mirror list at our PC Updates page. See you online!
Changes in version 1.4:
- 3 new Multiplayer maps: Kneedeep, Nightfire, Station!
- Nazi Zombies map with more weapons, Perks-a-Cola machines, and electroshock defenses: VerrÃ¼ckt!
- Improved spawning logic.
- Auto balancing improvements. Players are no longer auto balanced while completing objectives.
- Mods: IWD’s can be placed in the usermaps folder.
- Mods: Hold Breath / Sprint functions as intended.
- Mods: MissingAssets.csv is generated when maps are run with developer set to 1.
- Fixed lag caused by shooting at tanks.
- All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds.
- Players who equip a Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
- Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
- Martyrdom no longer causes direct impact deaths in Hardcore modes.
- “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
The Road to Area 51 is the LA Times’ look at the actual story behind everyone’s favorite hidden UFO landing pad, Area 51.
Colonel Hugh “Slip” Slater is the OXCART driver who, now that his missions are declassified, has spoken with various reporters about them in public. You can find what looks to be his personal page here.