I’ve been listening to MLB.app since the start of the season and as rocky as it has been for the fighting phils, the app has been great.
It streams audio from the Phillies home radio station, even though I’m in San Francisco.
It plays highlight videos from mlb.tv.
It costs $10 per season, whereas the streaming audio feature from mlb.com costs $15.
Most importantly, it gives you a box score and play-by-play text.
Overall, I’ve had few issues with At Bat. Mainly, I’d appreciate it if there were full streaming video of the game, but I suspect they’ll do that for next season and charge $10-$20 more for the app.
The lesser issue is with my connectivity. I live in SF and AT&T’s network stinks, but the inability (on the part of the app or the iPhone) to switch between edge/3G while streaming the in-game audio is terrible. I have to wake my phone up just to get it to realize it should keep trying to get signal.
If you are usually in a wifi-zone like I am, though, you’ll be fine. We’re lucky to have At Bat on the iPhone and it is a steal at $9.99. As far as I know there are no blackouts for the radio stream.
Check out the gallery after the break for all the screens. Then go buy it from the app store.
More images and video after the break.
Finally, DICE and EA have released the 1.50 Beta Patch for Battlefield 2. It adds one new map (Blue Pearl) and includes the previously optional download of Highway Tampa. Here is the complete list of changes:
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Added support for Widescreen resolutions
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller – www.novint.com
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent “runway grieving”.
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
- Increased the time to go prone after jumping from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- Fixed G36E HUD during sprinting to match other weapons.
The update comes in pretty huge at 1.26GB and requires the game to be updated to version 1.41 already.
- Mafia Wars
- Baseball Superstars
The pirates using the Cydia version of Wolfenstein 3D are now out of luck if they want the latest version. Wolfenstein 3D Classic for the iPhone (I reviewed it favorably here) has now been updated and the GPL release hasn’t been. So if you want the latest version of the app, you’re going to have to be legit and use the app store. Check out the full list of changes for Wolfenstein 3D Classic 1.1 after the break:
Continue reading “Wolfenstein 3D Updated, Cydia Pirates out of Luck”
As of late, The Drudge Report has been featuring various stories about the United States’ burgeoning relationship with Cuba thanks to President B.H.O., his new regime, and their policies.
The funny thing, and the point of this post, is the photo that The Drudge has been tagging these various stories with is of a very peculiarly posed Castro.
The physical articulation in this photo immediately reminded me of Saturday Night Live player Fred Armisen and his character “Fericito.”
Here is my composite of the Caribbean and South American celebridades striking a very similar pose: