Time was you had to move games from one drive to another by using hacky programs that abused features of Windows’ filesystem to make virtual links from a folder on one drive to another. For Steam games that isn’t a problem anymore. Now that Steam can use multiple game library folders, maybe one for each drive, Valve have added a feature to move games between library folders.
Here’s how it works if you don’t already have a separate library folder on another drive:
- Click the Steam menu, and then click on Settings:
- Click on the Downloads tab on the left, then click on the Steam Library Folders button:
- Click on the Add Library Folder button and add a new folder if you don’t have one on the drive you’d like to move the games to.
- Click Close and then OK. Right-click on the game you’d like to move to another library folder, click on Properties:
- Click on the Local Files tab, then click on the Move Install Folder button.
- Finally, select the new location for the game you’d like to move, click Move Folder, and then wait: