- Mafia Wars
- Baseball Superstars
The pirates using the Cydia version of Wolfenstein 3D are now out of luck if they want the latest version. Wolfenstein 3D Classic for the iPhone (I reviewed it favorably here) has now been updated and the GPL release hasn’t been. So if you want the latest version of the app, you’re going to have to be legit and use the app store. Check out the full list of changes for Wolfenstein 3D Classic 1.1 after the break:
Continue reading “Wolfenstein 3D Updated, Cydia Pirates out of Luck”
My latest set of iPhone and iPod Touch game reviews are up on AtomicGamer:
- Tap Memory
- Wifi Fighters
My latest set of iPhone game reviews is up over at AtomicGamer. Here is what I reviewed for this week:
- Flight Control
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic
The New York Times has an article up about the “iPhone Gold Rush”. It features iShoot developer Ethan Nicholas, and is pretty well written, go check it out. I’m not quite sure why it is in the fashion section, but at least it has some good sources. Like Ars Technica’s Erica Sadun.
- Metal Gear Solid Touch
- Pocket God
Also included in the newest iGame Squadron is my take on what the latest iPhone update means for gamers. Check it out!
Apple is launching the marketing operations for what will be included in the new iPhone OS today. TimeDoctor Dot Org will list out the highlights so you don’t have to read all the liveblogs.
Only the important items are listed. Full details and executive sarcasm after the break, executive summary before it:
- Developers can now charge for subscriptions, DLC, in-app purchasing of content, etc. Of course, Apple still takes their 30% cut on all this.
- Bonjour-powered adhoc bluetooth pairing for multiplayer games and other applications.
- Accessories can communicate with software over the dock connector or via bluetooth.
- Fancy push notifications are in (sound effects, etc). Background processes aren’t.
- Developer access to built-in music is in.
- Copy and paste is in.
- Landscape (including keyboard) mode in all of Apple’s apps.
- Spotlight searching across many apps’ content.
- Stereo bluetooth for headphones.
- All developers have access to the beta versions of both the SDK and firmware now. NDA in full effect on beta versions.
- Ships this summer. iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G get it for free. $10 for iPod Touch. iPhone 2G will be missing some features.
Metal Gear Solid Touch is going to be released on Thursday, I’m extremely happy about this and hope it lives up to the Metal Gear Solid legacy of awesomeness.
In the meantime I’m giving away a few copies of Black Shades for the iPhone over the official TimeDoctor Dot Org twitter feed today and tomorrow.
This is a game I really love because I originally worked on the Linux and Mac OS X ports with my good buddies over at icculus.org. Hopefully some day it will see a modern update.
Just keep following the feed for some free goodies to redeem in iTunes and also check out my latest set of reviews of iPhone games over at AtomicGamer.com! Here are the games I reviewed for this edition of the iGame Squadron:
- Chess with Friends
- Ancient Frog
If you do win a code, please let everyone know in the comments so they don’t have to try to redeem them after you have 😉