The amazing Slackware project has released version 13.0. This is the very first version to include x86_64 support, among a variety of other changes and upgrades. You can get slacked from the usual places.
Springtime is when a young man’s fancy turns towards upgrading, enclosed within please find a handy guide for dealing with these desires:
- Boot Ubuntu for first time in two months
- Hardlock at GDM
- Look up the wikipedia entry for SysRq
- Try SysRq combos a few times
- Wait a minute
- Give up
- Reboot via the big button
- GOTO Step 1
- Escape once you figure out that you need to boot into “rescue mode”
- Uninstall “envy” nvidia drivers
- Update Ubuntu normally.
- Note that your gnome desktop is now missing your wallpaper
- Cry gently into your “Penguin”
- Repeat at next upgrade time.